Well we made it - that milestone marking 12th week! Here is a little info on how the baby and parents are doing!
Baby:
He is about 2 1/2 inches long (about the size of a large lime). His fingers and toes have separated and nails have even started to grow. All organs and most "structures" have now formed and will continue to grow and develop over the next several months. External genitalia are already beginning to show, but detecting the difference on an ultrasound is still weeks away.
Mom:
I seem to be doing well. I still have that first trimester nausea and tiredness. I am starting to develop a distinct "pooch" which makes me smile! So far my "fat" pants are fitting well and only a few knowing people can even tell I have a "pooch". I'm still suffering from distraction and forgetfulness, but haven't been busted looking in the fridge at work for the paper I sent to the printer in over a month! No crazy cravings - just cheese, pickles, and Hardee's Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches. The only real aversions I have are chicken and beer. Chicken just doesn't taste right and even the texture makes me gag. Obviously I haven't tried the beer, but the smell makes my tummy churn... Poor Adam!
Dad:
I like her little belly, but have to deal with the hormones. That's about it for now.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment