Monday, April 23, 2007

13 Weeks

We are now in our second trimester. A third of the way already! Here is a little on how we're all doing:

Baby:
The baby is now about 3.5 inches long from head to toe and weighs a whooping 1.0-1.5 oz. Her body is now starting to grow faster than her head - playing catch-up of sorts. She is developing her sense of taste and smell now, and has formed 20 teeth just under the gums. I'm sure I'll be glad later on that those don't surface right away! ;-)

Mom:
I seem to be doing fine. I took the PE (Professional Engineering) Exam on Friday April 20th. That is a HUGE relief to have out of the way. Studying was stressing me out and I'm sure the baby does not need that. I'll find out in July if I passed or not. The first trimester symptoms are actually going away. It makes me a little nervous but then I look down and realize something must be going right! Saturday night I even saw 11:30 PM on the clock! (Ryan & Jill's Wedding Reception)

I am now having problems with my closet and dresser drawers, though... Somehow my clothes shrunk! J/K. I am not large enough for maternity clothes, yet a lot of my regular clothes are just a little too snug. So, I went shopping and am very glad the latest fashion includes empire waists, long shirts, and this "hippy" thing that allows for expansion! Next on the shopping list - a bella band. Abby told me about it and I welcome your opinions! Sounds like a great idea...

Dad:
The first trimester is over...or close to it. This means Sarah isn't as moody or ill, which is good for both of us. Her dislike of beer breath is also starting to wain, which is nice. :-)

Things are actually getting back to normal around the homestead. Sarah is done with her PE and my dreaded semi-annual trip to Kansas for a conference is over. I guess the trip wasn't all bad. No one there really cares about my research, but they are great contacts for future jobs. I collected a few business cards and plan on getting in touch with them this week to see where I could fit in to their respective companies. It's really hard to find a company in the Midwest that has the kind on research I'm interested in. Something will fall into place, it always does. We need to find a place somewhere close to the soon-to-be grandparents so Sarah and I can have a cheap babysitter. OK, that's enough for this week.

No comments: