Thursday, September 6, 2007

32.5 Weeks

Baby:
She is now about 4 pounds and 17.5 inches long. Her current hobbies are kicking, squirming, and the occasional stretch. Her main goals for the week include gaining baby fat and further physical/mental development.

Mom:
Wow – less than 55 days until the due date! It is starting to feel very REAL. The last week has been pretty productive and eventful. We attended the first ’07 Cyclone Football game in Ames against Kent State. Unfortunately our little girl can not claim to be their lucky charm. They lost but it was still a fun trip. I’m sure Adam has stronger opinions than me, but it will be strange not to have season tickets and tailgate with Brad & Kerry every other weekend or so… Something tells me we will be so tired and distracted we’ll hardly notice. (Or I won’t anyway…)

This past weekend we did the registry thing. We went to Target, got a gun, and in typical Adam/Sarah fashion, started arguing. :-) Adam HATES shopping, and when Sarah has to wander and scratch her head b/c she has no idea what she is shooting it makes for a frustrating situation! In the end, we hugged and made up in time to find the First Aid kits. One tip to the fellow-clueless, we took the “Baby Bargain” book with us and looked up ratings for the different brands of things. It did help and gave Adam something to do.

Tuesday night was our first of four Prenatal Classes. It started off with a bang – also in Adam/Sarah style. We’re going to be early! Rush, rush, finish stuffing our face, grab the pillows… “Adam, um… we’re late.” When we registered it was from 7-9. It was also posted from 7-9 online. The letter we received (and both skimmed) said 6:30-9. Sure enough, it started at 6:30 and we wandered in about 25 minutes late! I wasn’t very happy, but really all we missed were introductions and Adam did a nice job of calming me down. While practicing the breathing and relaxation exercises, I think our baby girl was trying to do jumping jacks! It made it a little hard to concentrate, but I suppose contractions might also be distracting, huh?!?!

Dad:
We have written before that the baby likes to start moving when Sarah relaxes. Well, she has stepped it up a notch. Over the last couple weeks, I have noticed Sarah jerking a lot more in her sleep. I figured she was just dreaming. Then a few nights ago I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. The jerking was coincided with an object sporadically jutting out of Sarah’s side. When watching a little closer, you could tell that our little girl was trying to break free. It was crazy. She was actually moving the whole bed. I guess she wanted to stay up and watch a little late night TV with daddy.

On a side note, please keep the Cyclones in your prayers. It may be a long season.

No comments: