We went to our 7th doctor appointment on October 2nd.
Prior to the regular appointment, we visited the pediatricians' office after being advised to do so by our doctor. Honestly, this was not overly helpful. It seemed every question we asked had the same answer - "There will be someone in labor and delivery to explain that to you." We did learn there is a pediatrician on call 24/7 to answer questions for us when we don't know what to do. That is nice...
After the pediatrician appointment we went to our regular appointment where it seemed that we waited forever... Then we saw our doctor in scrubs wandering from room to room. (She is usually in regular clothes and her doctor jacket.) Turns out she had just returned to finish her "rounds" after delivering a baby!
I've now gained more weight than I wanted to and basically weigh as much as Adam. I guess that means I'll have to have him stop at DQ more often to fatten him up. :) I thought I might be leaking amniotic fluid but that was tested and came back negative so no worries. They also tested for the Strep B virus and we'll find out next week how that turned out. The doctor asked us general questions and answered ours. She said she now felt comfortable that if we went into labor she would not stop it. From here on out, we'll be visiting her weekly for tests and updates. How exciting!
Oh, and we also know our doctor is a trooper. She had a black eye and stitches in her nose this week. Turns out she was in Walmart and somehow a pot fell on her head. OUCH!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment