Monday, May 7, 2007

15 Weeks

We are now at a full 15 Weeks. It is approximately 3 1/2 months into the pregnancy and here is how we're doing:

Baby:
The baby is now about 4 inches long, weighs as much as a grapefruit, and to diverge from the fruit references, is about the size of a softball! It is too soon to feel him moving but rumor has it he is doing flips already and testing out the flavor of his thumb. He has very thin skin and as mentioned before, all essential organs are there. However, his eyes and ears are still moving to their proper location as he grows, and he is just starting to get eyebrows! His sex organs are forming on the outside now and via an ultrasound, should be visible in the upcoming weeks. He is even starting to form a little skeleton...

Mom:
I am doing well. I no longer have a single pair of jeans or slacks I can button, but thanks to the bella band no one has to know! I still have periods of nausea, but they are few and far between. As for skipping meals - yeah right! I am hungry ALL the time. I think I eat about 6 or 7 times a day - no joke! During the first trimester I craved a lot of cheese and milk products. Now, I eat salads with almost everything which is weird for the carb-loving girl... But they sure taste good!!!

I'm not near as "foggy" as I was during the first trimester, but have to admit I still have to re-walk through a lot of things. I guess an easy way to put it is my "multi-tasking" skills are suffering. Once my brain moves on, it shuts the door on the way out and dang it if I can find the key half the time! The post-it note creator deserves props... I wonder if a pregnant woman invented them?!?!

I'm also noticing enough "pooch" these days to effect my sleeping which doesn't really make for a happy Sarah or Adam... I've read not to sleep on my back after week 16, so I'm practicing. (Apparently it puts pressure on your main artery and can block blood/oxygen to your legs and uterus.) Feel free to comment on this b/c a co-worker told me she slept on her back a lot during her pregnancy and all was well. What are your thoughts? For me, my back and tummy are the most comfy so this side sleeping thing is a chore. I sleep with a pillow between my legs to relieve hip/back pressure (BTW: not working) and a pillow at my back to keep me from rolling over. (Adam suggested sleeping with a ping-pong ball in the back of a sports bra, but I vetoed that idea!) I'm currently looking into pregnancy body pillows to see if there is something simpler that will help my hips. After all, Adam needs to fit in the bed too...

I'm getting excited for our next doctor appointment (next week) to see how things are progressing. They seem to be going well as far as I can tell. I have enough "symptoms" to know I'm still pregnant, but few enough to still feel "good" most days!

Dad:
So I went on a shopping trip today (by myself) to get veggies for tonight's pot roast. Sarah was kind and made me a list of things to get so I wouldn't screw things up. Everything was going great until it came to the pickles. Fareway didn't have the Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle Spears that Sarah loves and explicitly told me to get. So there I was in a pickle (sorry for the pun). Do I A) get Claussen brand dill pickles, but not in spear form; B) get spears, but from a different brand; C) get both and have a crap load of pickles that no one will potentially eat; or D) do none of the above because we already have a ton of food. I went with D......Whoops! The correct answer, if anyone is wondering, was A. This whole pickle quagmire would have gone unnoticed since I put the food away, but I had to open my big mouth and tell her "Sorry for not getting the Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle Spears." Of course, Sarah instantly wants a pickle. I explain the story with puppy dog eyes, and got out of the situation with only a "next time I might REALLY want a pickle and you'll be in trouble!" Man, I got to stay on my toes!

No comments: