Well we've now made it to 18 weeks... Here is how we're doing:
Baby:
She is about 5.5-7.5 inches long and weighs anywhere from 5-10 oz. She will continue to grow over the next few months, however the rapid pace she's been growing will start to slow down. She is now in "human" form with critical organs and circulatory systems formed. They will continue to develop and mature as the due date approaches.
Mom:
I'm slowly getting more round and am now noticing that bending over at the waist isn't comfortable so I'm learning to use my knees more. Adam says that is more lady like anyway! That will come in handy with my new maternity dress... With all these weddings, a girl has to have something to wear!! :) I should probably give Adam credit for helping me shop this past weekend. For someone who HATES shopping, he was a trooper and even found some shirts for me to try on!
I got adventurous last weekend and rode my bike around City Park. It was a lot of fun, but if I try it again, I'll have to raise the handlebars. At this stage, I'm not big enough to throw myself off balance, but the slight bending at the waist wasn't exactly comfortable. It felt great to get out and do something since I've kind-of "babied" myself during the past few months. I know - scaredy cat...
I've also done some research on swim suits. Skippy has informed me her sister loved feeling weight-less in the water during pregnancy so I figure why not try it! Plus with the warmer weather it will be nice to swim a few laps at the end of the day. Maternity swim suits aren't really that flattering, nor are they cheap. Fortunately, Target has some "tankinies" in the store which should cover me for the next few months!
Dad:
Besides the ultrasound, this week was pretty uneventful. Hopefully, we'll be able to feel the baby moving around pretty soon. That's something I'm really looking forward to. Everyone just wants to know about the ultrasounds, so I'm not going to write anything more and work on getting the pictures scanned in.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment