Tuesday, July 17, 2007

25 Weeks

Baby:
Our baby girl is now just over a foot long and weights roughly 1.5 pounds. As one book put it, she appears to be wearing a wrinkled raincoat that will shortly be filled out! Each week, she gains strength and prepares for entering this crazy "bright" world. Her eyelids have been fused shut, but will be opening any day now allowing her to open and shut her eyes. She now has established a hair color which may or may not change after birth. We'll give you all three guesses on what color it will be...

Mom:
I am still feeling good and enjoying the pregnancy very much. She is moving much more regularly and causing my tummy to protrude more with every passing day. I'm continuing to remove items from the wardrobe that I've grown out of and slowing fitting into the ones I bought on clearance that were too big a month or two ago! I'm still fighting the sugar craving rather unsuccessfully and that dang scatter-brained symptom is being very persistent.

We still have a lot of stuff to do before we're "ready" for our new addition, but I feel much better knowing we're on a waiting list for a great daycare here in town. (Walking distance from my work and a short bus ride from Adam's lab.) They don't expect we'll be able to get in until February, which is later than we were hoping for, but I expect we can find something short-term when the time comes.

This past weekend, I ventured back home and had my 10 year class reunion. It was a nice trip and I enjoyed visiting with both my parents and old classmates/friends. My only complaint was the heat on Saturday. We were outside at a Memorial Softball Tournement from 9 AM - 3 PM on a day when the high was in the low 90's. Needless to say I was very thankful for any shade I could get. And after going through about a gallon of water, I was thankful for any restroom I could find... Sometimes your standards just have to drop!

Dad:
To decorate or not to decorate, that is the question. Sarah and I were at her parents' place this weekend and picked up the cradle Grandpa A. made for the baby. We found a nice place for it in one of our spare bedrooms (after moving a ton of junk). Now we need to figure out what else we are going to do to the room and how much effort we want to put in. It stinks not knowing what you will be doing or where you will be living in 3-4 months. Sarah is being a real trooper and has given in to the fact that we really don't know what lies ahead. We know I will be done with school, but where will we be? Will I find a job right away, will I do a short postdoc and wait for a great job to open up, will we be moving with a very pregnant Sarah or with a screaming child, etc? For being a planner, I know this has been very tough for her. She really wants to start building a "nest" for the baby. Soon we will have our first house and she can "nest" like crazy.

No comments: