So we went in on Tuesday July 24th expecting to have the glucose (gestational diabetes) test and a Rh neg shot (I'm O- and Adam is B+) but found out we were 2 weeks too early. Apparently the schedulers mis-read 6 week return and scheduled a 4 week return. (Oh well, it is only valuable sick leave that could have been used for maternity leave!) :) I honestly don't 100% understand, but the Rh Neg shot only lasts 12 weeks so if they give it too early, it has to be given again before the baby is born... I've been told if she is positive, I'll need another shot after her birth. I bet by then I just say - Okay, whatever!
But they did their normal thing - measured my tummy which was 26 cm, asked us questions, and listened to her heartbeat which was between 140 and 150 beats per minute. They would have given us a more accurate count except she wouldn't hold still long enough for the machine to count! Oh yeah, and she kicked the nurse which was pretty funny!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOL...she must have been upset having to go in when it should have been two weeks later too.
Sarah -
I had to have RH shots with Emma too since I'm O- and Jeff was A+. Nothing to worry about. The only downfall was that they give it to you in your rear. I told the nurse I hadn't had a shot in the butt since like kindergarten!
Terri
Post a Comment