We had our 3rd prenatal appointment at 4:00 on Tuesday June 26th. Or should I say 4:40 since that is when they decided to call our name... Anyway, it was worth the wait since we were able to hear her heartbeat again - about 144 beats per minute. Something that amazed me was the nurse felt my stomach and knew exactly where to look for the heartbeat! Maybe she just got lucky but she sure made it look like a skill... And I tell you what, our little girl is a mover. Every time they try to hear the heartbeat she moves and the nurse has to chase after her! That still amazes me...
They also measured my tummy. Apparently every visit from here on they measure from the pelvic bone to the top of the uterus and if all is well it should roughly measure the number of weeks plus or minus 2 centimeters. At 22 weeks, I measured 23 cm.
I also inquired about some cramping I had on Monday. They were strange episodes - 3 to be exact. I'd get bad cramps for a few minutes then they would subside and I'd just feel sore/crampy for a couple hours. They were not like anything I recognized from the past and fortunately I haven't felt anything like that since. I increased my liquid intake like the nurse suggested and have concluded I shouldn't limit my water intake on road trips to try and get one town/rest-stop further... If it frustrates Adam, he doesn't let on; instead he simply smiles or laughs at me. What a guy!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment