Wednesday, August 29, 2007

31 Weeks

Baby:
As usual, she is moving and growing. It seems like she has slowed down a bit on the growth spurts recently, or at least from mom's downward angled view... She now weighs roughly 3.5 pounds and is around 17 inches long from the crown of her head to her toes. They say she is starting to pack on enough weight to look a little "chubby" and has enough facial muscles to form different facial expressions.

Mom:
Things seem to be coming along. With just under 9 weeks remaining, we're making progress on the nursery, furniture, wrapping things up at work (or attempting to), and slowly gathering random things we'll need for our new addition. I just realized the other day I'd have to make room in the kitchen cabinets for bottles!

I've been feeling pretty good this week - in fact, I've felt better this week than the past few weeks which is weird but I'm not complaining! Sleeping is a little more difficult every day as she becomes more active and fussy over how I lay. I'm starting to walk like a pregnant woman! Yes, everyone, I admit it... I've stopped using the stairs at work unless I have to. (My office is on the 3rd floor and the restrooms are on the 1st floor - obviously a man's doing.) I kind of waddle towards the end of the day when I'm just plain pooped. Even when I'm walking normal, I'm starting to notice my stomach "waddle"!

Dad:
The new chairs and glider are great. We already have our “his” and “her” recliner picked out. They were a little spendy, but should last us quite a few years (or until the kids-to-be paint them with nail polish, cut them with scissors, set them on fire, etc.). I have to say thank you to my parents, Grandma and Grandpa O., for purchasing the glider in the nursery. I’m sure it will be a lifesaver (or at least sleepsaver) in a couple months.

We can really feel and see the baby moving now. For those of you that haven’t felt something like that, I’ll try to explain what it’s like. Hmmmm…OK I think I have something somewhat close. Put your hand on your cheek, then try to touch your hand with your tongue….it’s not exact, but that’s kind of what it feels like.

Tomorrow, the baby will get to experience her first ISU football game. She won’t be able to get the full effect without being able to watch, but at least she will be able to hear the roar of the crowd. The way the Cyclones played last year, it might be good she can’t see anything. She is going to be my little football buddy this fall. She’ll watch Vikings and Cyclone games on TV with me and enjoy it, mostly because she won’t know any better and mom will love having a break.

Alright now, admit it, how many of you tried the whole hand/cheek/tongue thing? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I am guilty. But in my defense, well I dont have one.

Everything is looking good. I'm excited to see you all next weekend, and the weekend after that too!

~Aunt April