We went back to the doctor on Tuesday August 7th for our 5th appointment. It was a very productive visit. First off, our baby girl is still moving about making her heartbeat hard to monitor, but it is somewhere between 140 & 150 beats per minute. The nurse said her heartbeat may start dropping slightly before birth, but apparently infants and young children have quicker heartbeats than adults so it won't drop to "normal" for some time. :)
I had my gestational diabetes test and passed. At least I don't have to worry about that. I was nervous about drinking the orange flavored sugar stuff with my fructose intolerance but it wasn't really a big deal. They also gave me my Rogam shot. Terri was right - she made me bend over and pull down my bottoms! I think it was even more strange when she put a bandage on my tush... It just felt weird!
We also discussed the recent prescription drug question with the doctor. She assured me she has been prescribing Flonase to pregnant women for years and has never had a problem. She also looked up the eye drops and did not feel this was a problem either. Apparently these two drugs are "cell specific" and are designed to effect only the optic and/or nasal cells. Her explanation was the same explanation given to me the first time by my allergy doctor and recently by one of Adam's med-student friends. (Thanks Deb & Dan!)
And last but certainly not least - the contractions caused by KC (our cat) are nothing to worry about. The doctor couldn't tell the baby's position yet but said all was well. Of course, we are to keep an eye out for the "symptoms" and come in if there are any questions but they are pretty classic Braxton Hicks contractions. I think it is a little early for them to start but what do I know!?!? As long as she is still moving and "okay", we're happy!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment