Baby:
She now weighs roughly 5.5 pounds and is about 18.5-19 inches long. Her arms, legs, and organs are now basically developed. Over the next few weeks, she'll continue to get some meat on those bones and build her immune system. She is starting to get a little crowded in the womb. Even though Mom's uterus has increased in size 15 times, it is starting to feel constrictive. This of course does not effect her activity level. She must be resourceful and stubborn like her parents... ???
Mom:
I am getting very anxious. Every day brings us closer to the day we get to meet our little baby. I wonder what she is going to be like. Will she have her dad's dimple? Whose nose and eyes will she have? Will she have hair? What will her personality be like? Will she be calm and observant, squirmy and mischievous, fussy, or content?
With under 5 weeks until the due date, it is feeling very real. The pregnancy weight is continuing to accumulate and I get more and more clumsy each day. Just tonight I was browning hamburger and reached up for the measuring cups only to burn my tummy on the pan! No worries, it was very minor - but it taught me that she is sticking out there more each day... I put ice on it as I continued to cook and she didn't care for that. She actually started squirming where the ice was! ;-)
For me, work is starting to slow down a bit - unlike poor Adam. We finished up our prenatal classes this past week. They were very time consuming but I believe they were worth it. Not only did I learn a lot but I also feel more comfortable with taking care of our new addition.
Dad:
Busy, busy, busy. There are a lot of things going on in our life right now. The first draft of my thesis is due November 8th with a baby on the way around the end of October. At least we have finished up all of our childbirth/breastfeeding/parenting classes, so that should free up some time. If I can pull it off, I am going to try to have my thesis done on October 26th (Sarah’s last day of work). To do that, I will be living in the lab, which is going to make a very pregnant Sarah very not happy. But if I can pull it off, it will be a lot less stressful when the baby arrives. I don’t want to be worried about trying to get my thesis done when I should be taking care of Sarah and enjoying the first days of my child’s life. On that note, I am going to quit writing and head into lab.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Even though everyone seems to be (IS!) SO busy with all the details of jobs, family, and life in general, we all have a hopeful song in our hearts...a precious, new, innocent little soul will soon be among us.
Love to all.
Post a Comment