Baby:
Our baby girl is now between 6.5 and 7.5 pounds. She is roughly 20-21 inches in length and has reportedly developed a firm grip. Her mom finds this fact extra interesting since it almost feels like she is grabbing onto something down low and either twisting or pulling randomly! A firm grip may be a great quality in a handshake, but not so pleasant when it is the umbilical cord and/or "home". ;-) She is physically ready any day now, with the due date fast approaching.
Mom:
I am suffering from a serious case of "pregnancy brain". I am so excited and am constantly distracted from what I am doing. I'll just get focused on something and then she'll move and I can't help but smile and touch her... Well, then it is all downhill as my mind wanders and pretty soon I have no idea why the fridge is open, why I'm in the living room, or why I was looking for my purse...
I am also very exhausted! A lot of my first trimester symptoms have randomly returned. I have minor morning sickness/nausea, extra heightened smell, and am sensitive to certain foods. (Chicken - Yuck!) On top of it, I am large and awkward! But somehow I'm not quite as moody... (Maybe I should ask Adam to verify before I publish this post?!?!) I kind of feel as if I am on this permanent "high" where almost anything can be laughed off or simply ignored b/c none of it really matters...
I believe we now have everything we "need" before she arrives. The nursery could use some more organizing which is on the "to-do list", and there are several things I'd like to do/get before she arrives, but I believe we are actually ready! The bag is mostly packed - what isn't packed is on a list so we won't forget it. Her blankets and clothes are washed and ready for her to wear/stain. Now she just needs to make the decision to come out and play!
Dad:
I'm ready for her to come out and play any time, but my thesis needs her to wait until her due date. I'm writing as much as I can and think I'll be able to get all the typing finished by the time she arrives. That will just leave the formatting and inclusion of pictures, which is pretty brainless work.
Besides writing, I really haven't done a whole lot. I try to help out around the house as much as possible, but at the same time stay out of Sarah's way, while not doing too much around the house to get Sarah anxious about me not finishing in time. At times it feels like one of those circus guys juggling chainsaws while tightrope walking 50 ft in the air. As long as I keep my focus, I won't fall.
Only 2 weeks left for baby and less that 2 months left for school. It's going to be crazy.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your lives will only become more intersting as time goes by. Do take care of yourselves and keep the Faith.
Love always,
Grandma O.
Post a Comment