Wednesday, May 30, 2007

2nd Ultrasound (18 Weeks)

IT'S A... GIRL!!!

On Tuesday morning (5-29-07) we had our second ultrasound. It was absolutely amazing! As for the important things - all looks well. The doctor wanted to check for spina bifida which appears to be a negative. Her spin and all other organs looked good. I'm not sure how they knew what spots were kidneys, liver, or bladder, but they seemed confident. As for the spine, brain, lungs, and pumping heart - those we could distinguish!

Mom:
It was amazing to see this little person on the ultrasound screen. I guess I knew she was in there, but to see her making fists, grabbing her hands, crossing her feet, and wiggling about... It is really one of those credit-card "priceless" moments. It is so - REAL. I still can not feel her move yet, but it was obvious that she was enjoying her little "space". Her back legs were even crossed a lot of the time, making her look like a frog! (You all know I love those!) When it came right down to it, I just wanted to know the sex! Was this a little boy or little girl doing flips in my belly?!?! Now we know.

Dad:

This is how I felt when I saw the baby moving around (without the whole nerd thing.....well I guess I'm kind of a nerd anyway, so it fits). I'm an optimist, but Sarah's nervousness Monday night and Tuesday morning was really starting to get to me. When we saw the little one squirming and bouncing around, it was really a relief. I'm just happy that the baby's healthy and developing on track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Stevie Wonders said "isn't she lovely"

Nana A said...

Oh, how cute she is already! Mom, you're looking good too! And Dad, AKA Dick Van Dyke, you're lookin' good there too! (For you older generations you'll know who Van Dyke is!!) Thanks for the pics. How special they are! Love you guys....Nana & Papa A