Tuesday, July 10, 2007

24 Weeks

Baby:
She's now around a foot long, and weights roughly 1 pound, 3 ounces. She is currently enjoying swimming around in the amniotic fluid filled uterus which is now roughly the size of a soccer-ball. She is gaining a since of equilibrium and can now tell if she is upside down or otherwise. In the upcoming weeks, her main goal is to add blood vessels to her lungs. This will prepare her for getting oxygen to her blood down the road. Her lungs are also busy adding "branches" to the "tree". And you thought you had a busy schedule! ;-)

Mom:
Things seem to be progressing. Not a lot of changes to report. She is certainly moving a lot more during the day. I believe I felt her hick-up for the first time this afternoon at work. It didn't last long, but it was kind of fun! Very rhythmic and short just under my belly-button. Speaking of, it is still an "innie" but my thumb pretty much fits inside it so it has certainly stretched! I'm curious if it will pop out one of these days...

We were up North this past weekend for Adam's 10-year reunion and while there attended Jackie & Dave's baby shower. I have to tell you - we have a lot of stuff to do yet. There are so many choices and "things" to learn about! Heck, bottle types alone could drive a mother/father insane! Guess it is the "kick" we needed to start the Consumer Report account and get busy researching... Feel free to leave your 2 cents in the comment section!

Dad:
Speaking of the comment section, LEAVE ONE! Or at least sign the
Guestbook
. We like to see who reads our blog.

As Sarah said, I had my 10 year reunion this past weekend. Lots of fun and lots of kids. At one point, one of my old classmates had me hang onto her little one while she chased her other 2 kids down. I held onto the kid for about 1.6 seconds before handing him off to Sarah. I don't know why, but I'm still afraid I'll break other people's kids. I don't think I'll be that way with our little girl. As the saying goes, "You break it, You buy it." Pretty sure our girl is bought and paid for (at least until the hospital bills get here).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I stumbled on your blog 3 pictures ago, and I think it is great that you are recording this awesome event. I have 3 kids and they are great! Don't go overboard on the baby stuff - you really don't need as much as you think, just love, energy, and each other!

Anonymous said...

As your dorky computer engineer friend and king of the Consumer Reports research feel free to ask me for any research info you need. I'm pretty that I'm the only one who actually saves the last 2-3 years worth of Consumer Reports. However, I will warn you that I have absolutely no experience with babies nor do we plan on having any for at least another year. In fact I believe if I had been handed a baby I could've beaten that 1.6 second hold time by at least half a second. Congrats guys, can't wait to see you during football season!

Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed reading your blogs. We are real happy for you! There is nothing more precious or more helpless than a little baby. She'll bring much joy to your lives. Enjoy all the time while she is growing up. Time goes by so fast! Love you very much and am anxiously waiting her arrival.